The original National School, which opened in 1846, was situated in the Square. It moved to its present site on the Knocknagree Road in November 5th. 1934. The boys` and girls` schools were amalgamated on January 9th. 1970. It became a Central National School- ( a combination of the schools of Boherbue, Umeraboy, Drominarigle, and Glashkinleen) in June 1970. To cater for the influx of additional pupils, four extra rooms were added to the 1934 building and a playing field adjacent to the extension was also acquired. The school celebrated its 150th Anniversary on December 17th. 1996.