Terms & Conditions
Boherbue National School Fundraising Committee are the organisers of the raffle.
1. The Promoter of this lottery is the Boherbue National School Fundraising Committee (hereinafter referred to as “the Promoter”).
2. The terms and conditions herein set out are at all times governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland.
3. The lottery was granted a license in Mallow District Court on the 13th day of April 2021.
4. The purpose of the lottery is to raise funds for the benefit of developing and enhancing Boherbue National School and the facilities of said school. The organisers of the lottery shall not derive any personal profit from the lottery.
5. The lottery is open to all natural persons aged 18 years or older. Any tickets purchased by persons under the age of 18 years shall be declared null and void and shall not be included nor deemed to be included in the lottery. Any such entry entered into the lottery will be declared invalid and another ticket will be drawn in its place.
6. The cost of a lottery ticket will be €79.00 ( Previously €100 from 28th April – 19th October).
The price has been amended in accordance with the provisions of Term No 37 hereunder.
7. By purchasing a lottery ticket, the lottery ticket holder is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
8. Members of the Executive Committee appointed to organise and oversee the lottery are expressly precluded from purchasing a lottery ticket.
9. There is no limit to the number of lottery tickets that an individual may purchase.
10. There are a maximum number of lottery tickets available of 10,000.
11. Once purchased, the lottery ticket is non-refundable except in circumstances where the lottery is cancelled by the Promoter. In that event, a maximum amount of €90.00 per lottery ticket purchased will be refunded to the lottery ticket holder.
12. Neither the Promoter nor any of its servants, agents, licensees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the lottery of whatsoever nature or howsoever appointed shall be liable to the lottery ticket holders for any loss, inconvenience, damage or expense suffered by the lottery ticket holder participating in this lottery.
13. Neither the Promoter nor any of its servants, agents, licensees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the lottery of whatsoever nature or howsoever appointed shall be liable for any failure in the performance of its obligations due to factors beyond its and/or their control.
14. The 1st prize in the lottery is a 4 bedroom semi-detached house at 6 Sailin Ro, Park Road, Killarney, Co. Kerry (hereinafter referred to as “the Property”). The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prize is non-transferrable and vests in the winner only. In addition, there will be draws on a monthly basis for the months of June to November 2021 inclusive.
15. The June Prize for all ticket sales in the lottery is €10,000.
16. The July Prize in the lottery is €5,000.
17. The August Prize in the lottery is €5,000.
18. The September Prize in the lottery is €5,000.
19. The October Prize in the lottery is €5,000.
20. The November Prize in the lottery is €5,000.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to add additional prizes to the lottery. The addition of any such prizes will be notified to the lottery ticket holders as soon as practicable and will also be available on our website.
22. The lottery draw for the property will be held at Boherbue National School, Boherbue, Co. Cork on the 3rd of January 2022.
23. The Promoters reserve the right to cancel the date of the draw if sales targets have not been reached. The promoters also reserve the right to alter or change the date of the lottery draw for any reason whatsoever and in setting an alternative date will notify the lottery ticket holders as soon as practicable in respect thereof by publishing a notice in this regard on our website: www.winyourdreamhouseinkillarney.com
24. The winner will be announced within 28 days of the lottery draw by email and/or Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or SMS.
25. In order to claim the prize, the winner must contact the Promoter by email and/or post and/or Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or SMS or in person at the Promoters registered location.
26. The winner may be subject to verification by the Promoter and this process may take up to 7 days to complete once the winner has claimed their prize.
27. If the winner cannot be contacted via one of the above means of communication or does not claim their prize within 14 days of the notification of same the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and select a replacement winner.
28. The lottery will be implemented and conducted by the Promoter. The preparation of entries for the final draw and the final draw will be independently observed. The Promoter will maintain books and records recording all entries into the lottery and all costs relating to the lottery. The books and records will be audited within 14 days of the lottery taking place.
29. The Promoter’s decision in respect of the winners and all or any other matters concerned with this lottery is final.
30. The legal title to the Property will be transferred to the winner free from any financial interest, entitlement or encumbrances in favour of the Promoter as soon as practicable following the lottery draw.
31. The winner of the Property will be required to appoint his/her own solicitor to act in the transfer of the Property.
32. If the winner does not appoint a solicitor and take steps within 28 days of claiming the prize to effect the transfer of the legal title to the Property to them and in any event enter into a Deed of Transfer to so transfer the Property within six months from the date of claiming the prize the Promoter reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and select a replacement winner.
33. In addition to winning the property the winner shall also receive a maximum contribution of €5000 ( hereinafter referred to as “the contribution”) towards the legal fees of their solicitor, stamp duty, registration expenses and any and all other related outlays and expenses( hereinafter referred to as “the expenses”).If the expenses are greater than the contribution then the winner shall be solely responsible for discharging the shortfall between the amount of the contribution and the expenses.
34. The Property is in a managed development and it will be incumbent on the winner to apply for membership of the management company and execute all documentation required to become a member. The winner will thereafter be liable for all management fees associated with their membership of the management company.
35. The Promoter does not warrant nor confirm the state and condition of the Property in any way. The Promoter nor any of its servants, agents, licensees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the lottery shall not be in any circumstances liable for any loss, damage, inconvenience or expense suffered by the winner in relation to the state, condition, repair or construction of the Property.
36. The winner of the Property shall accept the fit out and finish of the Property as provided without any recourse to the Promoter.
37. The Promoter reserves the right at all times to amend the lottery and the terms and conditions herein set out and in purchasing a lottery ticket each lottery ticket holder consents and agrees to be bound by the said amendments. The Promoter further reserves the right to cancel this lottery for any reason whatsoever. The cancellation or any change to the lottery or these terms and conditions will be notified to the lottery ticket holders as soon as practicable in respect thereof.
38. For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR):
(a) The Promoter will retain and use the lottery ticket holder’s personal data for the duration of the lottery and a reasonable period thereafter.
(b) On purchasing a lottery ticket, the ticket holder agrees to the use of his or her details being used solely in connection with this lottery. Personal data of any kind will not be disclosed to a third party without the lottery ticket holder’s consent.
(c) The winners hereby agree and consent to the use of their personal data and/or image being released in publicity material in conjunction with the lottery.
(d) The winner of the Property also agrees and consents to his or her personal data being released to relevant third parties to effect the transfer of the Property to him/her.
39.All disputes, differences and questions of any nature which at any time may arise between the promoters and the winner shall be referred to an independent arbitrator who in default of agreement between the promoters and the winner shall be nominated by the president for the time being of the Incorporated Law Society of Ireland. The costs of the arbitrator shall be borne equally between the promoters and the winner.
40.The Promoter, its servants, agents, licensees, trustees, committee members or the organisers of the lottery accepts no responsibility whatsoever whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission, interception or communication failure, for unreceived, late, missing, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, corrupted or misdirected claims, entries, applications or otherwise.
41. This event is a fully licensed lottery under Section 28 of the Gaming and Lotteries Act 1956 (as substituted by Section 12 of the Gaming and Lotteries (Amendment) Act 2019.